*** Your IRS Form 1099-G is now available. Just log into your UI4U account and click the 'View and Print your 1099-G' link. *** Update your mailing address when you move. UI mail is not forwarded. Your benefits will be stopped if UI mail is returned undeliverable or with a different address. ***


The Montana Department of Labor and Industry,
Unemployment Insurance Division welcomes you to

This service allows you to file your unemployment insurance claim, reactivate your claim, file your request for payment, request direct deposit of your unemployment benefits, request redetermination or appeal of a decision regarding your claim, update personal information, such as your address, phone number or email address, review information about your claim, or view and print your 1099-G.

Glossary | Unemployment Benefits Estimator
Partial Benefits Calculator | Claimant Handbook
ADA Information

DGAA - Digital Government Achievement Award - 2005 Winner

 You will need the following information to file:
  Your Social Security Number
  Your current mailing address
  Your telephone number and/or email address
  Complete name, address and phone number of all employers you
     have worked for since 04-01-2018
 Direct Deposit:
  If you wish to have your benefits deposited directly to your bank
     account, you will need your account number and bank routing
     number for the account you want your benefits deposited in.
 If you are an ex-military member:
  A copy of your DD214, Member 4 will need to be mailed to our office.
     Note: You may file an unemployment claim after your discharge date
     shown on your DD214, Member 4.
 If you were a Federal employee:
  Your SF8 or SF50 may assist you in filing your claim.
 If you obtain work through a union:
  The name and local number of your union hall
 If you are not a U.S. Citizen:
  Alien registration card number and expiration date
Try the Demo