You need to report all livestock, including:
- Cattle, such as heifer and steer calves nine months or older, yearlings, cows, and bulls
- Poultry, such as chickens, turkeys, geese, ducks, and other birds raised for food or feathers.
- Horses, mules, asses, ponies, donkeys, and burros
- Llamas and alpacas
- Ratities, such as ostriches, rheas, or emus
- Honey Bees
- Sheep and goats
- Domestic Bison
- Swine over 3 months old
- Alternative livestock, including caribou, mule deer, whitetail deer, elk, moose, antelope, mountain sheep, or mountain goats indigenous to Montana
Report all livestock, even if you only have one horse or a few chickens.
If you reported livestock last year but no longer own livestock, you need to submit a report to let us know your livestock count is zero.
Learn more about Livestock Reporting on our website.