Resale Montana Business Registry Resale Certificate


Montana does not have a general sales, use, or transaction tax. If you need to report a sales tax exemption to your vendor, you may use this form.

Don’t file this form with us.


Give the completed form to your out-of-state vendor when you make a purchase. The vendor may accept this certificate as a substitute “resale certificate” and exempt the transaction from the state’s sales, use, or transaction tax, but they are not required to accept it.


Some states, including Washington, may require you to use their state-specific form or provide additional information.