FWIR Montana Foreign Winery or Importer Registration


You may use this form to register a Foreign Winery or Importer.

This registration needs to be renewed annually by September 30.

The following items need to be included with your application:

  • Copies of Alcohol and Tobacco, Tax and Trade Bureau (TTB) label approvals for each brand of wine;
  • A copy of your basic permit issued by TTB;
  • Written agreements with each Montana table wine distributor, as outlined in 16-3-416, MCA.
  • Written acknowledgment that you will contract only with common carriers that agree to deliver table wine only to individuals in Montana who are at least 21 years of age and who sign a form acknowledging receipt of the table wine; and
  • Written notice of the name and address of any bonded wine warehouse you (with a direct shipment endorsement) may use to fill table wine orders shipped to individuals in Montana.