Welcome to the Mutual Aid Frequencies Permit Request service. Please select an option below to begin.

Request New Permit Find a Permit

About Mutual Aid Frequencies

General Information

General Information

The State of Montana holds statewide licenses with the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) for more than 20 mutual aid frequencies. These licenses are held to allow other eligible public safety users access to these shared frequencies. However, prior to programming the frequencies in radios, users must secure a valid permit giving them permission to use specific mutual aid frequencies. So, you're at the right place to start the process.

Contact Information