See how this service works - Try the demo
Income Tax Express allows you to pay your state taxes online using a credit card, or direct withdrawal from a checking or savings account. You still must complete your tax forms. Visit revenue.mt.gov for your filing options. This service is simply for payment only.
- Enter your personal information Here, you'll enter personal information for yourself and, if applicable, for your spouse. Just enter your Social Security Number and name, just as it appears on your tax forms. When all your data is entered, click on 'Continue'.
Enter tax payment information
Enter the tax payment amounts for the payment you are making and select the applicable year for the payment you are making. This screen allows you to enter any of the following:
- Return Payment - pay the liability or tax due from your tax return.
- Estimated Payment – pay your quarterly estimated payment.
- Statement of Account Payment – pay a bill you received from the department.
Payment summary and credit card or eCheck information
- Payment Summary: Shows your total tax payment. Check this information to ensure it is correct.
- Payment Method: You may pay by credit card or eCheck. Please choose the payment method you prefer.
- Enter your credit card or banking information. Once this information is entered, click on the 'Continue' button.
- Payment Information Verification Please verify the information you entered on the prior page. If the information is correct, click on 'Submit for Payment', this will charge your credit card or bank account and complete the transaction. If you need to change anything, click on 'Edit'.
- Receipt This is your receipt. Please print this page for your records. In 3-5 business days, you may log into revenue.mt.gov to view your status.
You may contact us by emailing our helpdesk at email@example.com or by giving us a call at 1.406.449.EGOV (1.406.449.3468).