How Do I

  1. How do I contact the DEQ Asbestos Control Program?

    You can contact the DEQ Asbestos Control Program at 406-444-5300 or email us at

  2. How do I find a Montana-accredited asbestos inspector?

    To find a Montana-accredited asbestos inspector, click HERE or go to our home page at and click on the "Need an Asbestos Inspector. Click Here" link. Select Inspector - IN from the Accreditation Type drop down and the click the Submit Query button. The service will display currently accredited Montana asbestos inspectors.

  3. How do I add additional permits?

    You must complete and submit a application before you can enter a new application.

  4. How do I get a PIN number?

    No PIN number is required for this service.

  5. How do I view my application?

    You will have two opportunities to view your application and print it out: as a summary before payment and after payment has been submitted.

  6. I do not wish to apply on-line. What do I do?

    If you do not wish to apply on-line and would like to submit a paper application, visit our website at, click on the Contractor link, then the Forms tab and download and complete the respective hard copy application. You will need to submit payment with your application.

  7. How do I file a complaint regarding a renovation or demolition project that hasn't been inspected or doesn’t have an asbestos inspection?

    To file a complaint visit our home page at and click on the Report Pollution link and complete a Complaint/Spill Form, or you can call the DEQ Enforcement Division at 406-444-0379. You can remain anonymous in filing a complaint.