Yellowstone & Grand Teton: Including Jackson Hole - Moon Guide
By Becky Lomax. Softcover, 420 pages.
Forge your way through forests, across mountain peaks, past geysers, and more with Moon Yellowstone & Grand Teton. Inside you'll find:
- Itineraries for every timeline, budget, and travel style, ranging from one day in each national park to a week-long road trip covering both
- The top activities and unique ideas for exploring each park: Marvel at the steam-spewing Old Faithful geyser, or take a horseback ride to panoramic lakeside views. Hike through alpine forests to rushing waterfalls, and catch a glimpse of wild bison, elk, wolves, or bears. Climb to Inspiration Point for breathtaking views of Jackson Hole, explore the quirky nearby towns, or discover the best spots to hit the slopes during the winter season
- Strategies for getting to the parks and traveling between them, with suggestions on where to stop along the way to eat, rest, or explore
- Expert tips for hiking, backpacking, mountain biking, kayaking, and more, plus essential packing and health and safety information
- Detailed hike descriptions with individual trail maps, each marked by duration, elevation change, and more
- Valuable insight from Yellowstone expert and seasoned explorer Becky Lomax
- Honest advice on where to stay inside and outside the parks, including campgrounds, cabins, guest ranches, and resorts
- Up-to-date information on park fees, passes, and reservations
- Full-color photos and detailed maps of each national park
- Coverage of gateway cities and towns, including Jackson Hole, Big Sky, Red Lodge, Cody, Lander, and DuBois
- Recommendations for families, seniors, solo travelers, international visitors, travelers with disabilities, and traveling with pets
- Thorough background on the wildlife, weather, terrain, hazards and personal safety, and history
Experience the parks your way with Moon Yellowstone & Grand Teton's practical tips, boundless activities, and reliable expertise.
Softcover, 420 pages.