Glacier National Park - Moon Guide
By Becky Lomax. Softcover, 352 pages.
Moon Travel Guides: Find Your Adventure
Lush green parkland, jagged summits, and glacier-carved basins: forge your own path with Moon Glacier National Park. Inside you'll find:
- Flexible, strategic itineraries, ranging from one day in the park to a week-long road trip, designed for outdoor adventurers, families, road-trippers, and more
- The top experiences and unique ideas for exploring the park: Hike verdant valleys, meander fields of alpine wildflowers, and walk beneath frigid waterfalls and over scenic high passes. Go whitewater rafting, cast a line for wild trout into the Flathead River, or hop on a guided horseback ride. Drive or bike the Going-to-Sun-Road, take in views of peaks and glaciers, and spot wild moose or grizzlies roaming the mountainside. Spend a night in a historic lakeside lodge, or set up camp after a day of adventurous backcountry exploring
- Strategies for getting to Glacier and coverage of gateway cities and towns
- Expert tips for travelers looking to go hiking, biking, backpacking, fishing, rafting, and more, plus detailed hike descriptions with individual trail maps and backpacking options
- Valuable insight from seasoned explorer and Glacier local Becky Lomax including avoiding crowds, and exploring Glacier's less-visited areas
- Honest advice on when to go and where to stay inside the park, including hotels, campgrounds, hostels, and RV sites
- Full-color, vibrant photos and detailed maps throughout
- Up-to-date information on park fees, passes, and reservations, plus essential packing and health and safety information, including how to avoid encounters with grizzlies, mountain lions, and other common wildlife
- Recommendations for families, seniors, international visitors, travelers with disabilities, and traveling with pets
- Thorough background on the terrain, culture, and the park's history
With Moon Glacier National Park's expert advice, myriad activities, and insider perspective, you can plan your trip your way.
Softcover, 4352 pages.